ciofanole Admin replied

295 weeks ago

Download Hindi Movie Bulldog Drummond At Bay

Show Spoiler

a5c7b9f00b Bulldog Drummond goes up against foreign agents trying to steal plans for a top-secret aircraft.
Kalinsky (Hugh Miller) is a mysterious financier who makes war a profitable business, and he means to get his hands on a secret war plane. He's formed an alliance with the villainous Gregoroff (Victor Jory), and they have kidnapped the plane's inventor Caldwell (Richard Bird). Captain Hugh Drummond (John Lodge) brings himself into the case after double agent Miss Thompson (Dorothy Mackaill) attempts to slip him a mickey, but she's no match for the perceptive Drummond who instinctively spills his tea and invites himself along for the ride when she makes her way to hook up with the bad guys.<br/><br/>This is one film you'll have to pay attention to, especially if you're not familiar with the Drummond series, which I'm not (yet). The Captain's sidekick Algy (Claud Allister) shows up when the boss calls, though his presence here is more in the way of comic relief. It was a bit disconcerting that one of Algy's notable quirks is drinking straight alcohol! It seemed rather strange to me that he disappeared before the story ended with no explanation, maybe he just got bored.<br/><br/>The one sit up and take notice scene proves just how dastardly Victor Jory's character could be. Near the end of the storyhe readies his escape, he's confronted by Miss Thompson, and he belts her one right in the kisser - not a way to treat a lady! <br/><br/>When the "secret" plane was finally revealed, hijacked by the sinister Gregoroff, I had to laugh because for all it's secrecy, it was just your run of the mill era bi-plane. But then we get the real scoop,inventor Caldwell reveals the true secret. The plane can be controlled from the ground, andCaldwell freezes the plane's controls, Gregoroff goes down in a blaze of glory.<br/><br/>The only other Drummond film I've seen is "Bulldog Drummond Escapes", also from 1937. In that film's finale, he's planning to run off to get married with the film's heroine portrayed by Heather Angel. Ever the lady's man, Drummond's doing the same thing here!
I noticed that the IMDb running times for this film vary tremendously. In the original UK version, the film was about 20 minutes longer. Perhaps this missing film might have made this movie a lot more engaging. Because I only saw the severely truncated American version, I can only review what I saw–and it did not thrill me. However, even if I did see the original version, it would have had some problems–suchthe weak acting of the man playing Algy (Claud Allister–who was just too wimpy and annoying in this part). The biggest problem, however, was that the series really never had any stability in the lead–with almost a dozen different actors playing Drummond. In 1937, there were even two playing him simultaneously–John Lodge in this British film and John Hunter in the American-made series! I can't think of another B-movie series with so many lead changes–a definite problem for building up a loyal fan base.<br/><br/>This film finds Drummond at home and a mystery falls in his lap–something common to most Drummond films. However, his odd reaction to the mystery astounded me. A man has escaped his kidnappers and he tries, in vain, to get help from Drummond. However, the kidnappers come to Drummond's home looking for the escaped man and rifle through Drummond's home. Then, the boss pays Drummond to keep his mouth shut and forget what he saw (which wasn't much)…and so Drummond takes the money and then goes to sleep!!!! Not exactly heroic behavior and he doesn't even attempt to do anything until the next day!!! Aside from Drummond being a weasel in the film, the movie also suffers from occasionally bad writing–even for a B. The worst was the horrid cliché that came out when Drummond captured a member of the group. The man told Drummond that he will tell him who the leader is–and when this conversation is interrupted, you KNOW that when Drummond returns after his brief absence that the man will be dead or gone–and of course, he is!! Overall, not a terrible film but certain one of the weaker ones in the series. For my time, the John Howard films are betterwellthe early sound version with Ronald Colman.

download Jackass: The MovieStar Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace full movie in hindi free download hd 1080pSuperman vs. the Gorilla Gang full movie in hindi free downloadGalveston full movie kickass torrentTrailer Park Shark full movie in hindi 720pJohn Wick: Chapter 2 full movie in hindi 1080p downloadDick Tracy full movie downloadTag movie downloadCellular full movie in hindi free download hd 1080pReBoot: The Guardian Code movie download

last edited 217 weeks ago by ciofanole
Please log in to post a reply.